This is the start of a new month. Refreshing as it is, let me tell you how I usually spend this day.
Sunday is a day for me to go out despite possible hindrances. Homebody as I am, I must force myself to leave my abode.
In my early life back home, my father trained us to visit church which should be done first thing in the morning. But due to many distractions laid before my eyes, I often did it last. I still remember how he would deal with us if we missed going to church as scheduled. He would fill the air with his unpleasant sermons which ended painting a rule for us to follow at all cost. So I did it because of fear and obedience but without realizing, it became a part of my life.
When I got here, this was what I missed the most. It dawned on me how so incomplete life was when I didn't start my week the way I used to. Deep appreciation of my father's discipline suddenly crept within. So I craved for this missing thing wherever I went. Then I and my friends started coming together to have informal activities until after sometime that we got connected with a bigger group. This happened in the city where I am now staying.
Every start of the week, regardless of our conditions, we come together since it's our way to get connected to Him and at the same time share things that happened in our lives. We bless and strengthen each other because without this, I just couldn't figure out how to survive in this world that's so full of pain.
Today, I did it again despite my physical condition. Though I guess I wasn't the real me, I still got through. I really cried to Him for mercy, forgiveness and grace and bathing in His message, I got exhausted, came back home and went straight to bed. After about three (3) hours, I woke up feeling so much better and ready to make plans for the week.
we're halfway there
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment